I like cat stories that illustrate the feline influence in our lives. So with New York Fashion Week concluding a few days ago, it seemed timely to look at cat’s impact on fashion. If you stop to think about it, their influence ranges from head to toe, eye makeup looks to kitten heeled shoes and beyond. Check out some of the feline inspired looks that came to mind:
- Cat Eye-Liner: Made to resemble the exotic look of cat’s eyes
- Kitten heel shoes: A shorter curved heel usually two inches high or less
- The cat suit: A form fitting body suit
- Cats Eye Glasses: Eyeglasses with frames turned upward at the ends to resemble the shape of cat eyes
- Animal Prints: Tiger and Leopard prints have been fashion staples for many years
Not only have fashion looks been inspired by our feline friends, but cat loving celebrities have launched feline inspired products too. On notable product is the Katy Perry fragrance Purr, in a cat shaped bottle.
One of the more unusual cat stories involves a famous fashion designer and his feline companion. Karl Lagerfeld’s cat, Choupette, has become a darling of the fashion world and lives a life of luxury. Choupette eats her pate from fine china dishes, has two maids dedicated to her care, is proficient on her iPad and keeps a daily journal.
What other fashion trends can you think of that are cat inspired? Please leave a comment and let us know your favorite feline fashion trend.
Photo Source: fashionista.com