As we know, cats are pretty amazing creatures! Read on…and Happy Friday!
- Cats cannot taste things that are sweet. A cat’s taste buds cannot detect sugar.
- Kitty litter was originally made from sand. In 1948, however, it was discovered that clay was more absorbent.
- Isaac Newton invented the cat flap door.
- Cats can see in the dark.
- Abe Lincoln and Robert E. Lee supposedly loved cats. Rumor has it that Lincoln kept four cats in the White House.
- While Abe Lincoln was quite the cat lover, Dwight Eisenhower was NOT a cat lover.
- A cat purrs at the same frequency as an idling diesel engine. (Pretty cool, huh?)
- Cats can run up to speeds of 30 mph!
- Cats use their whiskers to determine if they can fit through a space.