The holiday season is in full swing, so we’re sharing some Christmas cat humour.
Although reindeer have traditionally been associated with Santa’s sleigh, cats say it’s time for change! Cats worldwide believe their qualifications to be in charge of Santa’s Christmas transport have been grossly underestimated.
The Case for Making The Change
After completing an in-depth analysis and comparison, the feline community has formed a compelling case for change. Here are a few reasons cats believe they are the better choice over reindeer to pull Santa’s sleigh:
- We’re all looking at ways to cut costs, so since cats eat less, annual food costs would be reduced
- Cats can deliver presents faster because many homes have dogs, and cats always move faster when dogs are around!
- It’s true! Cats are softer than reindeer
- Cats make nicer sounds, and it’s been proven cat purrs are therapeutic for humans
- Kitties are more likely to leave snacks out for Santa if they know he’s traveling with cats
- Felines are quieter than reindeer
- Cats have great night vision, and since Santa does deliveries at night, it would be a great benefit to have a sleigh team that could navigate well in the darkness
- Kitties can fit into very small spaces, which would help Santa get to those hard-to-reach places
- Felines are very popular as companion animals worldwide, so making the change to an all-cat sleigh team would make Santa more relatable to cat lovers everywhere
- Cat videos rule the Internet, so sharing videos of an all-cat sleigh team throughout the year would boost Santa’s social media standing
Even though I labelled this as Christmas cat humour, it appears the felines of the world are taking this campaign very seriously! They make quite a compelling case for making the change, but many are hesitant to break with tradition.
Your Turn to Weigh In
What do you think? Is the time right for Santa to convert to cat power for his sleigh? Please leave a comment and let us know your thoughts!